Bob Bergeron Benevolent Fund
The Bob Bergeron WYH Benevolent Fund was founded in 2009 to help provide an opportunity for every child who wants to play hockey. The Fund honors the memory of Bob Bergeron, a dedicated spouse, father, and coach of WYH. It is designated to provide financial assistance to WYH participants that demonstrate a financial need under the provisions of this program.
The Scholarship Fund
- Funds donated to WYH and designated to the Bob Bergeron WYH Benevolent Fund will be used to support the participation of WYH participants with demonstrated financial need.
- The number of scholarships and the specific levels of assistance will vary based on the specific needs of the applicants and the available funds.
- Scholarships are granted on a per season basis. Applicants must reapply each season.
- Awards will be at the full discretion of the Bob Bergeron WYH Benevolent Fund Committee.
- All scholarships will be applied as credit to the players WYH account and will not be provided as cash.
Criteria for Scholarship
- All players that meet the eligibility requirements to play in the WYH are eligible to apply for financial assistance.
- The applicant must be in good standing with WYH.
- All applicants must demonstrate financial need.
- Scholarship is meant only for travel players at the Mite-Bantam level.
- Applicants must email a confidential financial assistance application to Markhickey1@aol.com In the subject line put Bob Bergeron WYH Benevolent Fund.
- The Scholarship Committee will review all applications and determine the grants based on eligibility, the total number of applicants, the amount of available funds, and other factors considered relevant by the committee.
- The Scholarship committee reserves the right to request additional information at the time the scholarship is being considered.
- Applicant’s names and all information provided will be kept strictly confidential. Only the scholarship committee will review the applications.
- All decisions of the scholarship committee are final.
Please download and send in an APPLICATION FORM to Mark Hickey.
Donations to the Bob Bergeron WYH Benevolent Fund can be made payable to Waltham Youth Hockey, and mailed to the following:
Bob Bergeron WYH Benevolent Fund
C/o Mark Hickey
46 Shirley Road
Waltham, MA 02452
Please indicate your intentions to designate the check to the Bob Bergeron WYH Benevolent Fund in the memo field of your check.
Contact Mark Hickey at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.